A planned gift to Berkeley could be the smartest investment you ever make. These gifts offer creative and flexible strategies for you to pursue your charitable and financial goals while supporting the campus work most important to you. Making a planned gift gives you the satisfaction of supporting the Institute of Governmental Studies in building a better California — and a better world — for generations to come.
A planned gift can help you in a number of ways:
- Increase your current income or provide income for a loved one
- Reduce your income tax immediately
- Reduce or eliminate capital gains taxes on the transfer of appreciated assets
- Pass assets to family members or others at a reduced tax cost
- Make a larger gift to IGS than you thought possible
For more information about the options best suited to your age and life circumstances, please contact UC Berkeley’s Office of Gift Planning: