Britain and America's Special Relationship: Myth, Reality, or Anachronism
11:00 am - 12:45 pm: The Special Relationship in Foreign Policy
- Kathleen Burk (University College London)
- Walter Russell Mead (Bard College and Editor-at-Large of The American Interest magazine)
- Moderator: Daniel Sargent (UC Berkeley)
12:45 - 2:00 pm: Lunch break
2:00 - 3:45 pm: The Special Relationship in Domestic Policy
- Matthias M. Matthijs (Johns Hopkins SAIS)
- Janet Laible (Lehigh University)
- Isaac Martin (UC San Diego)
- Moderator: Paul Pierson (UC Berkeley)
3:45 - 4:00 pm: Tea
4:00 - 5:45 pm: The Special Relationship and Race
- Stephen Tuck (Oxford University) -- "Malcolm X's Visit to Oxford University: U.S. Civil Rights, Black Britain, and the Special Relationship on Race"
- Discussant: Laura Stoker (UC Berkeley)
Directions to Moses Hall (download map)
Park on the south side of campus -- we have indicated a large public lot on the map, though other lots are available. From Bancroft Way, take Barrows Lane, which will lead you past Barrows Hall and through a traffic circle. Walk over the Strawberry Creek bridge and into a courtyard. Moses Hall will be on your left.
Feel free to call 510-642-0922 if you require any further assistance.