Rebuilding Democratic Norms and Institutions in the Post Impeachment Era
Event contact: kejones [at] berkeley.edu
The presidential year begins amid a historic political impasse at home and continued democratic decline across the globe.
As we face this precipice, join us for a timely and engaging conversation with our two distinguished speakers, as they address these questions and more:
- What are the common tactics authoritarians use in order to succeed?
- What are the historical signposts on how we arrived at this dangerous precipice?
- How can we preserve the norms, institutions and guardrails of our democracy?
- What is a practical roadmap for renewal? Which organizations are working on them?
- How can funders participate in rebuilding an enduring democracy now?
Please join us for a happy hour and book signing following the program.
This event is sponsored by the Bay Area Democracy Funders and co-sponsored by IGS.