The Future of Polling After 2016
After the unexpected results of Brexit and the 2016 presidential election, a continuing postmortem on public opinion polling and its seeming shortcoming is under way. This event brings together prominent practitioners and scholars of public opinion research to advance the discussion by reviewing the past, suggesting new directions in collecting information; and in how best to communicate with the press and public. The discussion will take place in the IGS Library on Tuesday, March 14th, at 3:00 PM.
- Peter D. Hart, Founder, Hart Research Associates
- Jennifer Agiesta, Director of Polling and Election Analytics, CNN
- Jon Cohen, Senior Vice President, Survey Research, Survey Monkey
- Samantha Luks, Managing Director, Scientific Research, YouGov
- Laura Stoker, Professor of Political Science, UC Berkeley
Moderator: Jack Citrin, Director, Institute of Governmental Studies, UC Berkeley
Reception to follow.
RSVP to wmello [at] berkeley.edu