Student Assistant II
(This is a work-study preferred position)
Start Date: ASAP
Pay: $18.07/hour, approximately 12 hours per week
The Institute of Governmental Studies is searching for a motivated, passionate, positive, student assistant to support content creation, and video production highlighting our programs, events, and student opportunities. The Event and Media Student Assistant reports to the IGS Event and Communications Coordinator. The Student Assistant provides digital media and design support, including content creation, video editing, photo editing, social media management, event support, and other duties as assigned. The Assistant must be able to work independently with a high degree of professionalism and minimal oversight.
- Creates promotional materials for events and programs via Canva
- Capture photography and videography of our IGS events and programs
- Edit photo and video documentation via Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Premiere Rush, etc.) after events and programs
- Manage digital accounts and schedule content via SocialPilot, Mailchimp
- Assist in collecting event information and graphics for e-newsletter campaigns
- Assist in keeping website up to date with upcoming events and blog posts
- Assist with event set-up and breakdown, photo/video documentation as needed
- Regularly researches, documents, and follows social media trends related to public service, public policy, and political current events to support social media strategy
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
This position is right for you if you have:
- The ability to work independently and prioritize objectives to meet deadlines.
- The ability to exercise effective decision-making and problem resolution skills.
- Exceptional spoken and written communication skills in English are required.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and/or similar platforms for photography, videography, and/or video editing is required.
- Education or job experience in an office environment is preferred.
- Experience with using a DSLR Camera to capture photos and videos is preferred.
- Experience with graphic design via Canva, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator is preferred.
- Experience with social media management platforms is preferred.
- Experience working with and organizing personal and sensitive information is a plus.
- Proficiency with spoken and written communication skills in Spanish is a plus.